Friday, September 27, 2013

Hadiths 7.63 to 7.65

7.63:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d: While we were sitting in the company
of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for
marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes
and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his
companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The
Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have
got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He
Sa`d, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into
two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The
Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Qur'an (by
heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed
to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her
Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are
still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before
puberty is three months (in the above Verse).

7.64:
Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he
consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then
she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

7.65:
Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he
consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham
said: I have been informed that `Aisha remained with the
Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death).

No comments:

Post a Comment